Sunday, December 2, 2018

November 27, 2018

HIS GRACE IS SUFFICIENT


2 Corinthians 12:9-10

And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ's sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Personal Challenge

It is so easy to fall for the belief that we can do anything we set our mind to without the help or involvement of anyone else, especially God. Granted, we have been created as unique creatures with the ability to accomplish many things and excel at pushing through to the end. However, if we truly desire to do things that have eternal duration, that is beyond this present life, then we need to let go of our independent, self-focused approach, and yield to God. Only He is all powerful, all knowing, and ever-present. Only He can take our weaknesses and turn them into strengths. If we embrace this understanding and live our lives in submission to Him then there is truly nothing that can prevent Him from using us for His glory and not just our own personal gain. Only by living that way can we rejoice in our shortcomings, trials, tribulations, failures, and even successes. This is living for Christ's sake. Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, the sinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment