Thursday, May 30, 2019

May 27, 2019

HUMILITY


James 4:10

Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and He will lift you up.

Personal Challenge

God's way of doing things is so contrary to how the world does things. In the world, if I am to get ahead, or be lifted up, I have to be aggressive, self-seeking, and constantly showing that I am better than those around me. This has become so prevalent in the last few years in our American culture. In God's Kingdom, I will be lifted up when I humble myself before Him and my fellow human being. In our liturgy of the Orthodox church, we are constantly singing. "Lord, have mercy!" We do this because we know that when we come into the presence of our God, we are not worthy and should be falling on our face before Him. Our God cannot lift us up if we have not first fallen down before Him. Lord, have mercy! Lord, have mercy! Lord, have mercy!

No comments:

Post a Comment