Sunday, May 5, 2019

May 5, 2019

SACRIFICE OF PRAISE


Hebrews 13:15-16

Therefore by Him let us continually offer the sacrifice of praise to God, that is, the fruit of our lips, giving thanks to His name. But do not forget to do good and to share, for with such sacrifices God is well pleased.

Personal Challenge

What is one of the more critical forms of sacrifice that our Lord wants from us? It is the sacrifice of praise to Him. But we must not stop there in this verse. What qualifies as a sacrifice of praise to Him? It is not just what we do during our liturgies and worship services on Sunday's. The fruit of our lips, all of the time, is our sacrifice of praise. Does my language carry put-downs or derogatory and cutting remarks toward people, all people? Then that is not a sacrifice of praise to God. Do I express anger in my conversations, talk about others, tell off-color jokes, or anything else that I would be embarrassed about if I looked over my shower and saw Jesus standing there. Then that is not a sacrifice of praise to God. Do I do any of these things on Facebook, or Instagram, by email, or any other means by which I can say, "Nothing came out of my mouth."? Then I am still not offering a sacrifice of praise to God. Lord, have mercy! Lord, have mercy! Lord, have mercy! Forgive us of our sins!

No comments:

Post a Comment