Wednesday, June 26, 2019

June 18, 2019

RESISTANCE


1 Peter 5:5

Likewise you younger people, submit yourselves to your elders. Yes, all of you be submissive to one another, and be clothed with humility, for
“God resists the proud,But gives grace to the humble.”
Personal challenge

It is one thing to encounter resistance from those around us, but I don't think I want to encounter resistance from God. However, every time I step out to do something with an attitude of pride, resistance from God is what I will encounter. That resistance, if received properly, can be a part of my theosis because it will continue to conform me into the image of Jesus. However, if I choose to do things with a humble spirit, God will give me the grace that I need to do His work. We learn humility through our submission to others, to God first, to those who are over us, and even to one another, Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, the sinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment