Monday, June 17, 2019

June 6, 2019

DESIRING CHRIST


1 Peter 2:1-3

Therefore, laying aside all malice, all deceit, hypocrisy, envy, and all evil speaking, as newborn babes, desire the pure milk of the word, that you may grow thereby, if indeed you have tasted that the Lord is gracious.

Personal Challenge

Do I really desire Christ as much as I should? Is He in the forefront of my every thought and desire? Is He the center of every decision that I make and everything that I do? Unfortunately, the answer to these questions is "No". I let the busyness of my life, the burdens of my work, the extensiveness of my to-do list, get in the way of my seeking Him and before I know it, He is just an afterthought. Lord, have mercy! He wants me to lay aside the things of this world and to desire Him above else. Do I need rest? I will find it in Him. Do I need focus? I will find it in Him. Do I need peace? It is only in Him! Glory be to God!

No comments:

Post a Comment