Thursday, October 31, 2019

October 11, 2019

OUR FORTRESS


2 Samuel 22:2-3


And he sang:
“O Lord, my rock, my fortress and my deliverer;
My God will be my guardian, in whom I will trust;
My defender and the horn of my salvation,
My protector and the refuge of my salvation;
You will save me from unrighteousness.”

Encouraging Words

David had just escaped an attempt on his life by the king and his armies. His response is not one that is typical of so many of us. He chose to proclaim the glory of his God, our God. God is our rock, our fortress, our deliverer, our guardian. We can trust Him, trust Him for our life and our every need. God is our defender, our salvation, our protector, and our refuge. He and only He will save us from the unrighteousness around us. Glory be to God!

No comments:

Post a Comment