Friday, November 1, 2019

October 14, 2019

IT COSTS US


2 Samuel 24:24


Then the king said to Orna, “No, but I will surely buy it from you for a price. I will not offer burnt offerings to the Lord my God with something that costs me nothing.” So David bought the threshing-floor and the oxen for fifty shekels of silver.

Personal Challenge

When it came time for King David to build an altar to God, Orna offered David a place to build it for free. David refused the offer and purchased the threshing-floor. Why would he do that? He knew that giving of ourselves and our resources costs us something. If there is no cost, then there is really no appreciation. God wants us to give of ourselves, what we own, and who we are to Him with a sacrificial mindset. If there is no cost, there is no commitment. Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, the sinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment