Friday, November 15, 2019

November 4, 2019

WISDOM AND UNDERSTANDING


2 Chronicles 1:10-12

Give me wisdom and understanding, so that I may go out and come in before this people, for who can judge this great people of Yours?”

And God said to Solomon, “Because this was in your heart and you did not ask for riches or wealth or honor or the life of your enemies, nor did you ask for long life, but you asked for wisdom and understanding for yourself, that you might judge My people over whom I made you king, now I will give you this wisdom and understanding. I will also give you riches and wealth and honor, such as none of the kings before you possessed, nor shall any after you possess.”

Personal Challenge

What has become important to our society? What has become important to us? What has become important to me? Is it wealth and prosperity? Is it honor and respect from those around us? Is it to be able to live a long life? Is it life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness? Solomon was given the opportunity to receive from God whatever he asked for. He could have asked for all of the items above. He didn't. He asked for wisdom and understanding, not for his own use, but so that he could effectively judge as the king over God's people. Would I be willing to ask for something like this if given the chance? I would hope so. Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, the sinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment