Sunday, December 22, 2019

December 13, 2019

OFFER YOUR LIVES


1 Maccabees 2:50-51

Therefore, children, be zealous for the law, and offer your lives for the covenant of our fathers; and remember the deeds our fathers did in their generations, and receive great honor and an everlasting name.

Personal Challenge

Am I willing to offer my life for the covenant of the fathers that have gone before me? Am I willing to truly give up my life for my God? It is easy to say, "Yes!" to these questions when I am in the comfort of my home, but what will I really say, and do, when the occasion arises where I really need to give my life for Him? If we wait until those dire situations come upon us, it will be too late to make that choice. We are supposed to be offering our lives to Him every moment of every day, which prepares us for that day when we are asked to lay down our lives for Him. Am I being kind and loving toward my neighbor, even that one that is always rude and obnoxious toward me? Do I go that extra mile in everything that I do because I know that I am doing it as unto the Lord? Am I spending time with Him in prayer, worship, and reading His scriptures? Am I serving Him at all times? These are the times that we offer our lives unto our God in order to glorify Him. Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me the sinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment