Monday, December 30, 2019

December 22, 2019

OUR PROTECTOR


Psalms 3:4-7 (3-4)

But You, O Lord, are my protector,
My glory and the One who lifts up my head.
I cried to the Lord with my voice,
And He heard me from His holy hill. (Pause)
I lay down and slept;
I awoke, for the Lord will help me.
I will not be afraid of ten thousands of people
Who set themselves against me all around.

Encouraging Words

I love how David loves the Lord. In his psalms, he both praises his God and argues with Him. His relationship with his God is intimate to the point that God called him a man after His own heart. And yes, David was still a human like the rest of us. He sinned and failed his God. But he always ran back to Him for His forgiveness. We can do the same, by doing this on a regular and consistent basis, we too will see God as our protector, the One who lifts our head, the One whom we can cry out to knowing that He will hear our voice and respond. He is our God and we are His children. Glory be to God!

No comments:

Post a Comment