Saturday, February 8, 2020

February 6, 2020

IN YOU, O LORD


Psalms 30:1-6 (31:1-5)

In You, O Lord, I hope; may I not be ashamed forever;
In Your righteousness deliver and rescue me.
Incline Your ear to me;
Rescue me speedily;
Be to me a God who protects me,
And a house of refuge to save me.
For You are my strength and my refuge,
And for Your name's sake You will guide and sustain me;
For You will bring me out from the snare they hid for me;
For You are my protector.
Into Your hands I shall entrust my spirit;
You redeemed me, O Lord God of truth.

Personal Challenge

We live in a society that prides itself on being full of self-starters, self-sufficient men, and women. It is no wonder why so many people act as if God does not exist. If we believe that we can do everything by ourselves, then we will ultimately believe that there is no God that holds everything together. I choose to side with the Psalmist on this and proclaim that it is "In you, O Lord, I hope." I am nothing without God. I am helpless and bare without God. But I am everything when I am willingly in His hands. Glory be to God!

No comments:

Post a Comment