Sunday, March 8, 2020

March 5, 2020

BLOT OUT MY TRANSGRESSION


Psalms 50:3-6 (51:1-4)


Have mercy on me, O God, according to Your great mercy;
And according to the abundance of Your compassion, blot out my transgression.
Wash me thoroughly from my lawlessness
And cleanse me from my sin.
For I know my lawlessness,
And my sin is always before me.
Against You only have I sinned
And done evil in Your sight;
That You may be justified in Your words,
And overcome when You are judged.

Personal Challenge

As we, the Orthodox Christians, continue through our journey through Lent, we are continually reminded of how sinful we are and how much we need Ged's mercy. Only through the saving grace of our Lord Jesus Christ can we be freed from the bondage of death and sin. But our redemption does not stop with His death and resurrection. It starts there and we must willingly and continually run to Him confessing our sins and seeking His forgiveness. If we do not recognize and acknowledge our sins then we are destined to repeat them and live in the swine pits as the prodigal son did. Lent is a time for us to examine our lives, identify our sins, and to confess them to our Lord and to one another seeking mercy, forgiveness, and cleansing. If I have offended anyone, either intentionally or unintentionally, please forgive me! Lord, have mercy! Lord, have mercy! Lord, have mercy!

No comments:

Post a Comment