Thursday, September 3, 2020

September 1, 2020

AM I WORTHY


Wisdom of Solomon 6:12-16

Wisdom is radiant and unfading
And is easily perceived by those who love her;
For she is found by those who seek her.
She comes upon those who long to know her beforehand.
He who rises early in the morning to seek her
Will not grow weary,
For he will find her sitting at his gates.
For to think deeply about her
Is the perfection of discernment,
And he who keeps watch for her
Will soon be free from worry;
Because she goes about seeking those worthy of her,
And she appears to them favorably in their paths
And meets them in every thought.

Personal Challenge

Our early church fathers identified Wisdom in the old testament as a representation of Jesus Christ. Jesus, Himself, told us that if we seek Him, we will find Him, just as Solomon tells us here that if we seek wisdom, we will find her. We are also told in this passage that wisdom seeks those who are worthy of her. I must ask this question of myself on a regular basis. Am I worthy of Christ? Do I love Him? Do I seek Him? Do I long to know Him? Do I rise early in the morning looking for Him? Do I think deeply about Him? Do I keep watch for Him? If He is not the center of my every thought, desire, and action, then I am not being worthy of Him and all that He has done for me. And then, He still loves me, cares for me, seeks me out, and through His love and mercy, makes me worthy. Lord, have mercy? Lord, here mercy! Lord, have mercy!

No comments:

Post a Comment