Friday, September 11, 2020

September 6, 2020

A LOVE FOR WISDOM


Wisdom of Solomon 8:17-20

When I considered these things within myself
And thought about them in my heart,
That in kinship with wisdom there is immortality,
And in friendship with her there is good pleasure,
And in the labors of her hands there is unfailing wealth,
And in the shared training of her company there is discernment,
And in the fellowship of her words there is good repute—
Thus I searched about that I might take her for myself.
As a child I was good by nature and received a good soul;
And much more, since I was good,
I entered an undefiled body.

Personal Challenge

Solomon did not have the blessing of living after the incarnation of Wisdom in our Lord Jesus Christ like we do. However, He lived his life with the hope of what would be coming someday. This passage is packed with so many things that we are blessed with in Jesus Christ. Kinship with Him gives immortality. Labors with Him provides unfailing wealth. We receive discernment in His training. By staying in fellowship with His words we find and retain good repute. If we search for Him as if we are searching for the greatest of treasures or rewards, we will find Him. Through Him, we can become undefiled bodies. Lord Jesus Christ, son of God, have mercy on me, the sinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment