Tuesday, September 22, 2020

September 18, 2020

BE HUMBLE


Sirach 3:18-19

The greater you are, the more humble you must be,
And you will find grace before the Lord;
Because great is the power of the Lord,
And He is honored by the humble.

Personal Challenge

Wait a minute! Everything that the world tells me, and demonstrates to me, is that I pursue greatness so that I can lord it over others. If I am great, then I deserve to be honored and recognized. This is not how our Lord thinks. Jesus, the Son of God, the creator of all in existence, humbled Himself and became flesh and blood, a human being. He was the greatest of all and was/is the most humble of all. If we desire to be like Him, then we too must become humble, more humble every day of our existence so that He and others will be glorified. Lord, have mercy! Lord, have mercy! Lord, have mercy!

No comments:

Post a Comment