Wednesday, October 14, 2020

October 13, 2020

SETTING A GUARD


Sirach 22:27

Who will set a guard over my mouth,
And a prudent seal over my lips,
That I may not fall because of them,
And that my tongue may not destroy me?

Personal Challenge

Sometimes it is just plain necessary to put a piece of duct tape across our mouths to force ourselves to keep quiet. It takes a lot of work to build the habit of listening before we speak and then having the discernment to stop at the listening and not speak at all. But I am an American! I have a right to speak my opinion! However, if I am a practicing Christian, I should have forfeited that citizenship of being an American and taken on the citizenship of heaven. That is the Kingdom that I should give my allegiance to. It is that Kingdom that instructs us to put a guard over our mouth and a seal over our lips. Glory be to God!

No comments:

Post a Comment