Friday, October 2, 2020

September 30, 2020

SLOW DOWN


Sirach 11:7-8

Do not find fault before you examine a situation.
First, understand it, and then make your judgment.
Do not answer before you have listened,
And do not interrupt someone while he is talking.

Personal Challenge

This is one area in my life that I know that I need to work on. It is so easy to jump into the middle of a conversation and interrupt the other person in order to express my thoughts. I need to learn to slow down and take the time to examine and understand the situation, or the other person before I jump in to offer my thoughts. I need to let the other person complete their thoughts, assess what has been said, and then determine if I should say anything or not. I need to do this to show love to my neighbor. Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, the sinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment