Saturday, October 31, 2020

October 26, 2020

WE STILL NEED TO DO


Sirach 35:1-3

The man who keeps the law will abound in offerings;
He who heeds the commandments sacrifices a peace offering.
He who returns a kindness offers fine wheat flour,
And he who does alms sacrifices a praise offering.
To forsake evil is pleasing to the Lord,
And to forsake wrongdoing is atonement.

Personal Challenge

All too often I have been reminded that things that I choose to do for my Lord will not earn me a ticket into Heaven. Believe me, I know this. I know that I am saved by His grace only through the work of Jesus Christ. But I also know that the scriptures abound with the reminders that I show my love for God and my appreciation for His grace and mercy by doing those things that please Him. I do them because of His grace and mercy, not to earn it. Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, the sinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment