Wednesday, November 4, 2020

November 1, 2020

DEVOTED TO THE STUDY OF GOD


Sirach 39:1-3

How different is the man who devotes himself
To the study of the law of the Most High.
He will seek out the wisdom of all the ancients And be occupied with their prophecies.
He will preserve the discourse of notable men
And penetrate the subtleties of parables.
He will seek out the hidden meanings of proverbs
And be engaged in the riddles of parables.

Personal Challenge

I have found in my journey through this life that the more that I get to know my God, the less I know Him. God is so great, so much more than us finite humans can ever be or comprehend. Every little bit more we learn about Him, the more we realize how much more there is to learn. The more that I think that I am in a relationship with Him, the more I realize how far away from Him I am. This is why we never stop being devoted to the study of Him and where we are in our relationship with Him. Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, the sinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment