Saturday, January 2, 2021

December 28, 2020

IN HIS NAME


Isaiah 42:1-4

“Jacob is My Servant; I will help Him. Israel is My chosen; My soul accepts Him. I put My Spirit upon Him; He will bring forth judgment to the Gentiles. He will not cry out, nor raise His voice, nor cause His voice to be heard outside. A bruised reed He will not break, and smoking flax He will not quench; but He will bring forth judgment in truth. He will shine forth and not be broken until He establishes judgment in the earth; and in his name the Gentiles will hope.”

Encouraging Words

Who is this passage referring to? Who is this Jacob, that is chosen and accepted by God? Who will have the spirit of God put upon Him? Who will do, and be, all the other wonderful things that this passage calls out? It is Jesus who was fully man and fully God. As man, Jesus had God's Spirit descend upon Him. He showed love, compassion, mercy, and grace to those around Him. He is our salvation. Glory be to God!

No comments:

Post a Comment