Saturday, February 2, 2013

February 2, 2013


Isaiah 6:8-10

I also heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go to this people? Then I said, Behold, here am I, send me. So He said, Go, and tell this people, You shall hear indeed, but not understand; and you shall see indeed, but not perceive. For the heart of this people has become insensitive, and their ears hear with difficulty. They have closed their eyes, lest they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and return, and I should heal them.

Encouraging Words...

Once again I am surprised at what the Word of God speaks to me as I read it through different eyes, a different filter. This passage points out that we sin by choice, not by nature, volitionally stopping our ears and closing our eyes. We cannot go on blaming this on Adam and Eve. Yes, they did commit the first sin, but they did not curse us with a sin nature, but with the curse of sin, which is death. It is my choice to sin or not sin. It is Christ who has defeated the curse of sin...death, and demonstrated for us that a human can say, "No!" to sin.

No comments:

Post a Comment