Tuesday, October 8, 2013

October 8, 2013

We are at war! Am I fighting the right battles?


1 Maccabees 3:59-60

For it is better for us to die in war than to look upon the evils the Gentiles would bring to us and the sanctuary. But as God's will is in heaven, so He will do.

Personal Challenge...

One of the things that I am reminded of when I read much of the Old Testament is how God calls His people to be militant for Him, for His truth, for His chosen people (His bride). If we temper this with Jesus' teachings of loving our enemy, loving our neighbor, and doing all that we do to glorify the Father, we come up with a very special form of militance that we are called to. Am I ready to enter into war against those things that tear down God's kingdom here on earth and yet fight the battle in a spirit of love? This war is not against politicians that I disagree with, or social demographics that I don't like, but against the lies and strongholds of my true enemy, the devil. This battle starts in my own soul and expands from there. I am called to fight His good fight and trust that the outcome is in His hands. It may not always turn out my way, but it is His way, His will on earth as it is in heaven that really counts.

No comments:

Post a Comment