Wednesday, January 21, 2015

January 21, 2015

What am I growing in my heart?


Luke 6:45

A good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart brings forth evil. For out of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaks.

Personal Challenge...

So... what is the true state of my heart? Am I harboring good or evil? I can create an external life that appears to all around me that I am a good, loving, and godly man, but if I continue to harbor evil in my heart then I will sooner or later drop my guard and my mouth will speak what is in my heart. By the grace of God I can continually run to Him, confess my sins and the condition of my heart, and have Him cleanse it and fill it with good. This is a never ending process and one that I need dearly. Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment