Monday, March 6, 2017

March 5, 2017

BEING A STRANGER


Psalms 46:11 (45:12 LXX)

The Lord of hosts is with us,
The God of Jacob is our protector.

Personal Challenge

Our God is so awesome! His love for us, His creation, has no limits. His patience with us has no bounds. As the psalmist points out here, He is with us and is our protector. Knowing this and believing it deeply, I often get so frustrated with the vendor-style approach that I so often see exhibited in our World, especially in the social media world. "Post this prayer and God will reward you?" "Like this picture of Jesus and you will have something good happen to you in 30 minutes!" Really!! Is God a vending machine where we put in a coin and He pops out a miracle? And yet, because He loves His creation so much, He remains with us and is our protector. God is with us all the time and He desires that we be in communion with Him all the time. I doubt if any one of us would walk up to a total stranger and share with them our crisis of the moment and ask them to help us out. However, we so often go through on entire life totally ignoring God until we have a crisis and then expect Him to step up. I can never be so bold as to judge the state of another person's heart. but I can judge my own. And in doing this I must recognize that all too often I do this as well. My prayer life gets drowned out by the busyness of life and then I find that my thoughts about Him are few and far between. Then a crisis happens and I am expecting Him to fix it. He has become that stranger that I am expecting something from. God, please forgive me.

No comments:

Post a Comment