Tuesday, March 28, 2017

March 28, 2017

UNDER THE WINGS OF OUR LORD


Psalms 57:1-3 (56:2-4 LXX)

Have mercy on me, O God, have mercy on me,
For my soul trusts in You;
And in the shadow of Your wings I will hope,
Until lawlessness shall pass away.
I will cry out to God most High;
My God who is my benefactor.
He sent from heaven and saved me;
He gave over to disgrace those who trample me down.
God sent out His mercy and His truth,

Encouraging Words

Oh, how wonderful it is to live under the wings of God's mercy. There are so many people nowadays that are beaten down and oppressed by acts and teachings of judgment, whether they be from religious institutions, governmental systems, or the myriad of bullies around us. But as a child of the Living God, I can live my life under His wings. He will have mercy on me because He loves me so dearly. I can cry out to Him in my times of need and He will answer me. And as my life unfolds, the more that I run to Him, worship Him, seek to be obedient to Him, the more that I change to fit into the image of His Son. As this progression continues, He teaches me how to love others and share His mercy and grace with them. I also find that the closer I try to get to Him, the more realize that I do not deserve His great love and mercy.

No comments:

Post a Comment