Tuesday, May 23, 2017

May 23, 2017

LORD, HAVE MERCY!


Luke 6:41-42

And why do you look at the speck in your brother's eye, but do not perceive the plank in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Brother, let me remove the speck that is in your eye,’ when you yourself do not see the plank that is in your own eye? Hypocrite! First remove the plank from your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck that is in your brother's eye.

Personal Challenge

One thing that I do know about myself is that I am not a doctor. I am not authorized or trained to fix someone else's maladies, whether they be of the physical nature or of the emotional, mental, or spiritual nature. God knows I can barely manage my own issues. And yet, I find it so easy to look at everyone else and the issues in their lives and act as if I have the answers to their issues. Jesus is teaching me here that my job in life is to be a physician to myself. When I reach a point where every issue is dealt with and under control, every sin is eliminated and I sin no more, then maybe I can start turning to my brother or sister and coach them on their issues. I sure do not see this happening in my lifetime, so that tells me that I need to stop focusing on everyone else's issues and deal with my own. Lord, have mercy! Lord, have mercy! Lord, have mercy!

No comments:

Post a Comment