Thursday, January 17, 2019

January 17, 2019

AWAKE AND ARISE


Ephesians 5:14-16

Therefore He says:
“Awake, you who sleep,
Arise from the dead,
And Christ will give you light.”
See then that you walk circumspectly, not as fools but as wise, redeeming the time, because the days are evil.

Personal Challenge

I am basically a night owl. I have no problem staying up and just plain enjoying the day and the evening. However, I do not like having to get up in the morning. Who cares that the early bird catches the worm. I certainly don't plan on eating any worms. And yet, I have chosen to use my mornings for my exercise time as well as my devotion and prayer time, so I must get up earlier to start my day off properly. This passage speaks to us spiritually in this area of our lives. Without Christ in our Ares, we are dead... spiritually. We are called to awake from our slumber in death and to arise at the call of Christ or that He can give us the light of eternal life. But it does not stop there. We are told to walk circumspectly as wise people in that light and redeeming the days that we have for His glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment