Friday, January 11, 2019

January 9, 2019

UNCONDITIONAL LOVE


Jeremiah 40:6-9

‘Behold, I bring her health and healing for her wounds, and I will show them how to obey. Yes, I will heal this city and bring about peace and faithfulness. I shall return the captives of Judah and Israel and will restore them, even as before. I will cleanse them from all their wrongdoings by which they sinned against Me. I will not remember their sins by which they sinned against Me and withdrew from Me. This shall be for the gladness, praise, and majesty of all the people of the earth, who shall hear all the good things I will do. They shall fear and be provoked concerning all the good things and the peace I shall bring upon them.’

Encouraging Words

God's never-ending, unconditional love is truly amazing. Just as the Israelites of old, many of us today wander away from His side and force Him to come and rescue us from our sins. I know that I do this more often than I would like to admit. And yet, God in His great mercy, in His great love, continues to pursue us, find us, and bring us health and healing for our wounds/ He continually returns us from the captivity of death and sin that we keep selling ourselves to. He cleanses us, wiping the mud of the world off of us so that the diamond within us shines. He gives us gladness and joy over and over again. That is unconditional love. Glory be to God!

No comments:

Post a Comment