Friday, May 24, 2013

May 24, 2013


Philippians 1:27-30

Only let your conduct be worthy of the gospel of Christ, so that whether I come and see you or am absent, I may hear of your affairs, that you stand fast in one spirit, with one mind striving together for the faith of the gospel, and not in any way terrified by your adversaries, which is to them a proof of perdition, but to you of salvation, and that from God. For to you it has been granted on behalf of Christ, not only to believe in Him, but also to suffer for His sake, having the same conflict which you saw in me and now hear is in me.

Personal Challenge...

Am I really a Christian? Am I really living my life in such a way that it speaks contrary to the ways of the world? Am I being persecuted by the world as Christ and the Apostles were because the life that I live screams against the atrocities and abominations in the world? It has nothing to do with my political views, because I must completely separate these from God's kingdom and His rule. It has nothing to do with my social views, because if I am following Christ's commandments then I am loving my neighbor, feeding the hungry, clothing the naked, and taking care of the widows and the orphans. It has nothing to do with my personal desires, agenda, or preferences, because I am commanded to live in the community, the family of Christ and to sacrifice myself for His body. So once again I must ask myself the question that cuts deep into my soul, "Am I really a Christian?"

Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment