Monday, May 27, 2013

May 27, 2013

John 6:68-69

But Simon Peter answered Him, "Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life. Also we have come to believe and know that You are the Christ, the Son of the living God."

Personal Challenge...

My desire is to come to this same place that Peter and the other Apostles were at in their lives...knowing that there is nothing else in life other than Jesus. I desire to believe and know Jesus to the point of abandoning all else in life for Him. This does not necessarily mean that I quit work and become a derelict for Him but it does mean that I do all of my work for His glory and give sacrificially for His kingdom. This does not necessarily mean that I become some recluse living in the desert pursuing Him, but it does mean that I pursue Him in every aspect of this life that He has placed me in. This is the challenge...to die to self so that I can live for God and love others. Lord have mercy! Lord have mercy! Lord have mercy!

No comments:

Post a Comment