Tuesday, December 24, 2013

December 23, 2013

Dwelling in the house of the Lord.


Psalm 27:4 (26:4 LXX)

One thing I ask from the Lord; this I will seek,
That I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life,
And behold the delights of the Lord,
And visit His temple.

Personal Challenge...

Oh how much better we have it today compared to what people had in the day of the psalmist. They had to go to the temple to be in God's presence. We, however, have been established as the temple of God and the place that He dwells through the work of Christ. Unfortunately this makes it easy to get complacent and lazy about going to a place to be with God, or even desiring to do so. How often do I desire to be with my Lord in His dwelling place? Not often enough. How much time do I spend going to His place and delighting in Him? Not enough. And I wonder why I get off track or sin or have things go awry in my life. Just because God promised to dwell within me, His living temple, doesn't mean that I am meeting Him there unless I purposely do so and behold the delights of the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment