Saturday, December 28, 2013

December 28, 2013

Keys to a blessed life?


Matthew 5:3-12

Blessed are the poor in spirit,
For theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Blessed are those who mourn,
For they shall be comforted.
Blessed are the meek,
For they shall inherit the earth.
Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness,
For they shall be filled.
Blessed are the merciful,
For they shall obtain mercy.
Blessed are the pure in heart,
For they shall see God.
Blessed are the peacemakers,
For they shall be called sons of God.
Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness 'sake,
For theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Blessed are you when they revile and persecute you, and say all kinds of evil against you falsely for My sake. Rejoice and be exceedingly glad, for great is your reward in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

Personal Challenge...

It always amazes me, confounds me, and then convicts me, when I see in the Scriptures how much God's economy is the opposite of our economy. Poor in spirit, mourning, meekness, hungering and thirsting, being merciful to others, being persecuted and reviled...are not consequences that I want in my life for being part of royalty as a member of God's family. I want to be treated like royalty. And yet this is the way that our Lord lived His life. He gave up everything for His Father and ultimately for me, a part of His creation. Maybe it is time for me to stop expecting to be treated with greater respect, whether it be at work, or in my church, or in my family and start living the kind of life that Jesus calls me to...humble, lowly, submissive, supportive, loving, caring, obedient, thankful, joyful, peaceful, long-suffering, good, faithful, gentle, self-controlled...and the list goes on. Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment