Wednesday, May 21, 2014

May 21, 2014

Our true goal in life...


Philippians 3:12-14

Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected; but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me. Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.

Personal Challenge...

Our lives in Christ are never to be static. We have the need, the expectation, to always be in forward motion toward that goal of eternal life that God has laid out before us. This goal is not some tangible or physical object, but the likeness of Christ. Our pressing on is that struggle we have every moment, every breath, to break away from our temporal desires and passions and to pursue our God. It is not about gaining stuff, or wisdom, or recognition. To the contrary it is about putting off all of that and putting on Christ. Glory be to God!

No comments:

Post a Comment