Saturday, May 31, 2014

May 29, 2014

Friend or acquaintance?


John 15:15-17

No longer do I call you servants, for a servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all things that I heard from My Father I have made known to you. You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should remain, that whatever you ask the Father in My name He may give you. These things I command you, that you love one another.

Encouraging Words...

What a blessing it is to know that we are not just some followers of a set of rules and requirements, but that we are considered as friends to our Lord. We will never be His equal, however He chooses to treat us as His peers. This makes me ask the questions, "Am I living my life as a friend of my Lord? Or am I living it as an acquaintance or a servant?" Truly some profound questions to ask because of the difference in how the behavior plays out. Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment