Monday, February 12, 2018

February 12, 2018

LOVE ONE ANOTHER


John 15:12-14

This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one's life for his friends. You are My friends if you do whatever I command you.

Personal Challenge

As the rich, young man asked of Jesus, "Who is my neighbor?", I sometimes find myself looking at the person that God has placed before me and wonder how I am supposed to love this person. That is precisely the point that Jesus makes over and over again. He wants me to love every person that He puts on my path through life just as He does...unconditionally. I must admit that at times this is extremely difficult. Jesus never said it would be easy. Even He had to show love to those who beat Him, scourged Him, spit on Him, and hung Him on the cross. This kind of love is what He is asking of me. I know that cannot do this on my own, but only through Him. Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, the sinner and teach me to do the same to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment