Sunday, February 18, 2018

February 18, 2018

DIFFERENT THAN THE WORLD


John 15:19

If you were of the world, the world would love its own. Yet because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you.

Personal Challenge

Why did Jesus consistently warn us that if we love Him and follow His teachings that the world would hate us? He knew that as soon as we chose to follow Him and His way, then we became foreigners to this world. If we find ourselves fitting comfortably in this world, socially, politically, occupationally, on in any other way, then we must suspect that we are no longer following in the footsteps of our Lord. We have lost our way. Have I become comfortable with what is broadcast on television or portrayed in the majority of movies? Am I at peace with the messages delivered in the news or commentaries of the world? Am I at ease with the images and opinions that the world wants me to accept and not resist? Then I have departed from the teachings and instructions of our God. If I am not different than the world around me, then I have become a part of it. Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, the sinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment