Thursday, February 15, 2018

February 15, 2018

FRIENDS


John 15:15-17

No longer do I call you servants, for a servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all things that I heard from My Father I have made known to you. You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should remain, that whatever you ask the Father in My name He may give you. These things I command you, that you love one another.

Encouraging Words
Christianity is the only religious practice where the God that we worship invites us to be His friend and adopts us into His family. This is so much different than being treated as an object that lives their life under the oppressive thumb of a tyrant leader or master. This does not excuse us from living obedient and submissive lives, but it does shift our reason from fear to love. God loves us and through that love, we can love Him back. Glory be to God!

No comments:

Post a Comment