Sunday, October 28, 2018

October 23, 2018

REAL OR FAKE WORSHIP


Isaiah 29:13

So the Lord said, “These people draw near to Me and honor Me with their lips, but their heart is far from Me, and they worship Me in vain, teaching the commandments and doctrines of men.

Personal Challenge

We are called to love the Lord our God with all of our heart and body. However, it is so easy to slip into the mode of just going through the motions of liturgical practices and leaving our hearts guarded and protected from even God. I see it every Sunday...older, seasoned adults who come to the liturgy and yet glare at the young parents because their child is restless. I see it regularity with people who are striving for some position in the local church body and yet do things to others so that they can be their stepping stones to their desired goal. And yes, I see it in myself as I regularly show up for liturgy with the appearance of piety and having my act all together just to find myself thinking about, and judging those around me for their behaviors when mine is just as bad, if not worse. I too must continually be searching the depths of my heart to ferret out those areas which I guard and protect from turning over to my Lord and God for cleansing. Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, the sinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment