Tuesday, October 2, 2018

September 25, 2018

OUT OF EXILE


Zechariah 8:7-8

Thus says the Lord Almighty: ‘Behold, I shall deliver My people from the land of the east and from the land of the west. I shall bring them in and settle them in the midst of Jerusalem. They shall be to Me a people and I will be to them a God in truth and in righteousness.’

Encouraging Words

Israel had been living in exile from their promised land for a long time. They desired to be home again. It was their sin that got them exiled and their continued sin that kept them there. Aren't we in a similar situation? Jesus proclaimed the He was establishing the new, heavenly kingdom with His incarnation. Heaven exists today and we can be living within its spiritual boundaries, yet we choose to sin and be exiled from it. Just as God promised the Israelites that He would bring them back to their promised land out of exile, He also promised us that through Christ, His incarnation, His sinless life, His death, burial, and resurrection, that we too will be brought out of exile into His present kingdom. Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, the sinner, and bring me home.

No comments:

Post a Comment