Saturday, October 6, 2018

September 30, 2018

DISPARAGING GOD


Malachi 1:6

“A son honors his father, and a servant his master. If then, I am the Father, where is My honor? And if I am a Master, where is the reverence due to me?” says the Lord Almighty. “You priests are the ones who disparage My name, yet you say, ‘In what way have we disparaged Your name?’”

Personal Challenge

So many of us today proclaim that we are Christians, yet if we watch the news, read the feeds of "social" media, and observe the behaviors of us, then we can see how God might accuse us of disparaging His name today. As Christians, we are commanded to love the Lord our God above all else. Do we really do that? Do we participate in our churches, practice prayer, do almsgiving, and do His works on a regular basis? Do we execute His second commandment to love our neighbor as much, or more, than we love ourselves? I don't think we do. I know that I don't. We disparage His name by living the way that we do. We cast a bad, dark light on who God is to those around us who do not know Him. We are called to honor Him and to glorify Him. That means in all aspects of our lives. Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, the sinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment