Saturday, January 18, 2020

January 14, 2020

LISTEN, O LORD


Psalms 16:1-9 (17:1-9)

Listen, O Lord of my righteousness;
Attend to my supplication;
Give ear to my prayer that is not with deceitful lips.
From Your face let my judgment come;
Let my eyes behold uprightness.
You tested my heart, when You visited me in the night;
You tried me in the fire, and found nothing unjust in me.
That my mouth might not speak of the works of men,
I held to hard ways because of the words of Your lips.
Restore my steps in Your paths,
That my footsteps may not slip.
I cried out, because You listened to me, O God;
Incline Your ear to me, and hear my words.
Magnify Your mercies,
O You who save those who hope in You
From those who rise up against Your right hand.
Keep me as the apple of Your eye;
In the shelter of Your wings, You will shelter me
From the face of the ungodly who trouble me.
My enemies surrounded my soul;

Personal challenge

Sometimes we need to be like David and just plea to God hoping that He will hear our petitions and supplications. He hears them, but how often do we not hear our own prayers and do what we know is right in God's eyes in order to draw close to Him. Lord, have mercy! Lord, have mercy! Lord, have mercy!

No comments:

Post a Comment