Sunday, January 12, 2020

January 7, 2020

HOPE IN HIS MERCY


Psalms 12:6 (13:5-6)

But I hope in Your mercy;
My heart shall greatly rejoice in Your salvation;
I will sing to the Lord, who shows kindness to me;
I will sing to the name of the Lord Most High.

Encouraging Words

Maybe one of the reasons that God proclaimed David to be a man after His own heart was that David had his priorities right. He always put his hope in God's mercy first and foremost. This is such a prevalent part of the worship of the Orthodox Church. We are constantly singing, 'Lord, have mercy!" We know that we are not worthy of the grace that God chooses to bestow upon us. We do not deserve His blessings and therefore cannot get puffed up in His kindness toward us. Our hope is in God's mercy. Because of His mercy, we can rejoice in His salvation and the kindness that "He shows us. Glory be to God!

No comments:

Post a Comment