Sunday, January 19, 2020

January 15, 2020

SAVED FROM MY ENEMIES


Psalms 17:2-4 (18:1-3)

thus he said:
“I will love You, O Lord, my strength.
The Lord is my foundation, my refuge, my deliverer;
My God is my helper, on Him I will hope,
My champion, the horn of my salvation, and my protector.
I will call upon the Lord and praise Him,
And I shall be saved from my enemies.”

Encouraging Words

David had some pretty difficult times in his life. He loved God deeply and trusted Him completely. He slew the giant Goliath with 3 smooth stones ending the oppression of the Philistines and then was immediately hated by King Saul out of jealousy. After Saul sinned gravely, David was anointed king but pursued aggressively by Saul who wanted to kill him. He was also pursued by many others who did not want him to fulfill his role as the king. Through all of this, he remained loyal to his God because he knew his source of life nested in Him. This part of his Psalm shows how much he trusted and loved his God. We too can claim these truths about God because He is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow. God will save us from our enemies. Glory be to God!

No comments:

Post a Comment