Tuesday, August 17, 2021

August 17, 2021

FRIENDS OF JESUS


John 15:15-17

No longer do I call you servants, for a servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all things that I heard from My Father I have made known to you. You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should remain, that whatever you ask the Father in My name He may give you. These things I command you, that you love one another.

Encouraging Words

Jesus tells us that if we are following Him and loving our neighbor then we are no longer His servants but His friends. Friends get invited to the banquet table, servants cater to those friends. Friends get to hang out together while the servants observe from afar. Friends get to share in the details of each others lives. Jesus wants us to be close to Him and to do His work, which is loving one another. Glory be to God!

No comments:

Post a Comment