Sunday, August 8, 2021

August 5, 2021

LOVE FOR ONE ANOTHER


John 13:34-35

A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another. By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Personal Challenge

The entire life of a Christian should be able to be boiled down to two things, evident love for God and active and observable love for one another. It does not matter how many services I go to or how many prostrations I make or how well I keep the fast or how often I visit the monastery or any other pious activities that I do. If I am not loving God and my neighbor, then as Paul proclaims, I am nothing but a noisy clanging cymbal. Lord Jesus Christ, son of God, have mercy on me the sinner, and forgive me for not loving my neighbor.

No comments:

Post a Comment