Thursday, August 26, 2021

August 26, 2021

DOUBTING


John 20:25

The other disciples therefore said to him, “We have seen the Lord.”

So he said to them, “Unless I see in His hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and put my hand into His side, I will not believe.

Personal Challenge

How much do we truly believe in what our close friends and family tell us. Thomas had spent the last three years hanging out with the other apostles 24 hours a day. They must have been a very close knit group of men. Along with them, he had seen the miracles of Jesus, including the resurrection of Lazarus, and heard the teachings of Jesus. And yet, now after Jesus had been crucified and buried for three days, he did not believe his brothers when they proclaimed that Jesus was alive. It is good for us to be prudent in what we believe in and what we hear from others, however, if they are trusted people and there is a preponderance of truth in what they say, then we should trust them. Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, the sinner and surround me with godly brothers and sisters that I can trust.

No comments:

Post a Comment