Tuesday, January 17, 2012

January 17, 2012

James 2:19-20 NASB
You believe that God is one. You do well; the demons also believe, and shudder. But are you willing to recognize, you foolish fellow, that faith without works is useless?

Personal Challenge...
Have you ever caught yourself minimizing God or taking Him and our calling to worship and obey Him lightly? Being a follower of Christ is serious business. Sometimes I think the modern church has watered God down so much that He is seen as just one more character, person, object in our lives to use when WE need it.

We are called to worship Him with awe and reverence, does your worship reflect this? We are called to obey Him and humble ourselves before Him, are you doing this in every moment of your day and night? I regret to admit that I all too often put God in the back seat and take over piloting my vehicle through life.

He is God and I am not! He is the Lord of all and I am not. I must decrease so that He can increase. I must exercise my faith in Him by doing His works. Otherwise, I am no different that the demons who know Him, but are not His "children".

No comments:

Post a Comment