Wednesday, January 4, 2012

January 4, 2012

Hebrews 10:35-36 NIV
So do not throw away your confidence; it will be richly rewarded. You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what he has promised.

Command with a Promise...
My daily reading today took me through the first four chapters of Ecclesiastes. I love how this book reminds me that all of life is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity and that so much of what happens through this earthly life is futile and meaningless. I must seek out those things in my life that are truly important, things that make an impression on eternity, like loving those whom God has placed in my life, spending time with my spouse, my children, my grandchildren, doing those things that build up rather than tear down.

I love how these verses from Hebrews remind me that I must hold on to the confidence in Christ that God has placed in my heart and persevere, because through this He will reward me, He will give me that which He has promised.

No comments:

Post a Comment