Friday, January 6, 2012

January 6, 2012

Deuteronomy 8:18 NASB
“But you shall remember the LORD your God, for it is He who is giving you power to make wealth, that He may confirm His covenant which He swore to your fathers, as it is this day.”

Personal Challenge...
I guess the real question here is, "What is wealth?" According to the standards of the world most would apply this verse to material wealth, or stuff, and that God is promising that He will provide for us abundantly. But according to the standards of Eternity, wealth comes in many more forms. It may be health, it may be wisdom and knowledge, it may be those blessings that are hard to qualify (like my next breath, or that continual heart beat, or the love that I receive from those in my life). But the bottom line is that it all comes from the LORD my God and His covenant with mankind. Glory be to Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment