Friday, January 20, 2012

January 20, 2012

Proverbs 3:1-2 NASB
My son, do not forget my teaching, But let your heart keep my commandments; For length of days and years of life And peace they will add to you.

Command with a Promise...
I have often been surprised by how often the Bible talks about doing things with our hearts rather than our minds. Here we are commanded to hold on to the teachings of God and to keep his commandments...with our heart. The result will be length of days and years of life blessed with peace, God's peace. I agree that it is important to study and to learn about God and our responsibilities to Him, but He wants it to go much deeper than that. He desires that we know him from our heart, the center of our being, and that we serve Him from there. Even Satan and all of his minions have all the knowledge that is available about God. That knowledge without the love and the service from our hearts makes us no different than them.

No comments:

Post a Comment